Welcome! The Fulwood ward of Sheffield City Council comprises Fulwood, Endcliffe, Lodge Moor, Nether Green and Ranmoor, an area of 6,700 households and an electorate of just over 14,000 registered voters.
Currently, Fulwood Ward has 3 Liberal Democrat councillors. In the 2016 local elections the Labour share of the vote was 21% and in the 2018 election our candidate Dominic Ridler increased this to 23%.
About Fulwood Branch
There are around 300 Labour Party members in Fulwood Branch and almost 100 registered supporters and trade union affiliated members. Our main aims as a Branch are to:
- Campaign locally to increase the Labour Party’s share of the vote in our ward and constituency, with the aim of returning a Labour MP to Parliament and securing the election of at least one Labour Councillor to represent our ward.
- To support the Labour Party in its campaigning and to contribute to the development of national policy.
- To campaign or contribute to campaigns for social justice locally, nationally and in other countries.
To fulfill these aims we depend upon our members contributing their time, ideas, skills and knowledge. Taking an active part in the work of the Branch is interesting and rewarding.
Fulwood Branch Labour Party Officers
- Chair / Trade Union Liaison: Robert Howarth
- Secretary: vacant
- Vice-Chair / Membership Secretary: vacant
- Treasurer: Matthew Knights
- Campaign Coordinator: Jackie Kennedy
Contact Fulwood Branch: firstname.lastname@example.org
In our Branch meetings we aim to have a detailed discussion of one or more current issues or policy subjects. We also frequently have interesting external speakers.
The Branch meets at 7.30pm on the third Tuesday of each month in The Annexe, Ranmoor Church Parish Centre, 5 Ranmoor Park Road, Sheffield, S10 3GX.
Internal Fulwood Branch documents such as meeting minutes and discussion documents are emailed to members. An archive of these documents is held on a separate website requiring sign-in but available to branch members on request. Please contact us as above to gain access.
The document DEVOLUTION AND DISADVANTAGE IN THE SHEFFIELD CITY REGION: An assessment of employment, skills and welfare policies by Dr David Etherington and Professor Martin Jones can be downloaded here. This is background material for the Open Meeting ‘Devolution: What’s the deal for Sheffield?’ hosted by Fulwood Labour at the Hallam FC clubhouse at 19.30 on 26th April 2017.